|Location:||Colliers Court, Manor Rd, Frome, BA11 4BS|
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed volunteers to help in the smooth running of the front of house in the café. You will be volunteering alongside staff members and the people we support, to operate a friendly and professional service.
The café currently opens Monday - Friday from 10-3pm. We would be looking for volunteers to commit to regular shifts.
What you will do:
• To interact with the people we support and customers
• Enjoy and encourage conversation
• Assist the people we support with work experience, such as customer service skills, infection control working with a cleaning schedule, setting up the café, handling monies and food safety
• Operate the till
• Prepare and serve beverages, cakes, toasties, and sausage rolls
Here at Discovery, we are really proud to offer a wide range of activities and services to the people we support. We do ask that you volunteer regularly so that we can maintain a regular routine for the people with learning disabilities that we support.
Colliers Court Café is a small independent café in Frome. It offers the people we support a great training and development opportunity by gaining hands on retail experience serving and working with the general public. I’ve heard they have great coffee too!
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities and autism to get more from life.
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discoverydayservices.org for the latest news and information about our day support
We're looking for someone who is:
• A good listener
• Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism
• Willing to commit to volunteer regularly
What you can expect from Discovery
We appreciate the generosity of volunteers and wish to support them while volunteering.
You can expect:
• An organisation that values volunteers’ individual differences, interests and strengths, and encourages them to express these
• A welcoming, supportive and positive volunteering atmosphere
• Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
• A comprehensive and personal induction to volunteering and your role
• Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
• An opportunity to gain real experience in volunteer development and the health and social care sector
• Opportunities to attend professionally delivered volunteer and volunteer management training events, free of charge
Application form, DBS Check, Informal discussion, References