|Location:||Poseidon House, Neptune Park, Cattedown, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 0SJ|
Approximately 8 hours a month for the duration of an academic year. Exact times of work are negotiable.
Supported by an Enterprise Coordinator, the Enterprise Adviser will work closely with the senior leadership team of a specific school or college to:
— Support the development of a whole school strategy for careers, enterprise and employer engagement,
— Navigate the range of possible employer interactions to engage students with the world of work and increase the number of employer interactions students receive
—— Focus efforts on programmes and activities that are most effective in motivating young people, incorporating “what works”, supporting independent choice, and supporting positive outcomes for young people
CSW, a not-for-profit social enterprise. We deliver a range of services nationally, with a specific focus on the South West. We provide contracts that support businesses, young people and adults through key transition points. We deliver services that build aspiration and turn it into achievement, unlocking potential and developing individuals and organisations.
Enterprise Advisers will be; -
• Drawn from the world of work (businesses and the public sector, organisations of all sizes including the self-employed)
• Passionate about motivating young people, supporting independent choice, and supporting positive outcomes for young people
• Able to work effectively with employers and schools and colleges
• Well connected to employers of all sizes and the self-employed and have established networks and contacts which they are willing to share
• Have a sound knowledge and understanding of the needs of the local labour market
• Motivated to lead engagement with schools and colleges in the local area and help them understand how effectively they are motivating young people and preparing them for the world of work
All Enterprise Advisers must be DBS checked.
Being an Enterprise Adviser can be incredibly rewarding. It’s a great opportunity to:
• Use your experience and network to inspire young people and directly influence the careers and enterprise support they receive.
• Become part of a national network that inspires and prepares young people for the world of work.
• Address skills gaps in the local and national job market.
• Deepen your connection to the local community.
• Promote your business in local schools and colleges.
• Develop your own interpersonal and strategy skills.
Application form, Informal discussion, DBS Check