|Location:||Woodland House, Woodlands Business Park, Bristol Road, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 4FJ|
Our associate role requires less time and commitment than the other volunteering roles. Healthwatch Associates are interested in our work and like to be kept up to date with information about our events and activities as well as taking part in our surveys and consultations. Our associates can also be part of our Readers Panel which involves looking at leaflets and documents for various health and social care agencies and making suggestions on how they can be improved. If you aren’t sure which volunteering role is right for you, becoming a Healthwatch Associate will give you a taste of our work so you can decide how you would like to get more involved in future.
Healthwatch Somerset is the county’s independent health and care champion. We exist to ensure that people are at the heart of care.
Our dedicated team of staff and volunteers listen to what people like about local health & care services, and what could be improved. These views are then shared with the decision-making organisations in the county, so together we can make a real difference.
Volunteers are at the heart of everything we do, from talking to people about their experiences of local health & care services, to sitting on our board of directors. Whatever your background, your time and your talent could make a real difference in your local community.
Less time and commitment than the other volunteering roles.
Join us and help shape local health and care in Somerset.
1. A chance to learn new skills with a dedicated team on hand to support you through training and online resources.
2. Give something back and provide useful input into health and care services.
3. Develop new connections with people in your local community.
4. Volunteering offers structure and routine to complement your personal life.
5. Volunteering is associated with improved health and wellbeing.