|Location:||Woodland House, Woodlands Business Park, Bristol Road, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 4FJ|
Our local Healthwatch Volunteers are friendly and approachable. They are the voice of Healthwatch Somerset and local people in their community. They support us by talking to people, gathering opinions about local health and care services (good or bad) and spreading the word about the important work we do. Local Healthwatch Volunteers act as ambassadors for us at events and meetings and make sure our views and the views of local people are heard. This is a perfect role for a friendly, approachable and empathic person who enjoys interacting with members of the public.
Healthwatch Somerset is the county’s independent health and care champion. We exist to ensure that people are at the heart of care.
Our dedicated team of staff and volunteers listen to what people like about local health & care services, and what could be improved. These views are then shared with the decision-making organisations in the county, so together we can make a real difference.
Volunteers are at the heart of everything we do, from talking to people about their experiences of local health & care services, to sitting on our board of directors. Whatever your background, your time and your talent could make a real difference in your local community.
Be friendly and approachable and someone who enjoys interacting with members of the public.
Join us and help shape local health and care in Somerset.
1. A chance to learn new skills with a dedicated team on hand to support you through training and online resources.
2. Give something back and provide useful input into health and care services.
3. Develop new connections with people in your local community.
4. Volunteering offers structure and routine to complement your personal life.
5. Volunteering is associated with improved health and wellbeing.