|Name:||Side by Side hospital volunteer|
|Location:||Royal United Hospital, Combe Park, Bath, BA1 3NG|
You can volunteer during both working and non-working hours within the hospital environment. We request that you volunteer for a minimum of two hours every two weeks, however this may vary depending on your and the hospitals needs.
As a volunteer you will provide invaluable, person centred opportunities for people living with dementia during their stay in hospital. You could enable someone to take part in social and recreational activities on the ward or keep someone connected to the things they love – such as listening to music, simply enjoying a good conversation or taking part in their favourite group activities.
Your involvement keeps people with dementia connected, ensuring they feel less isolated during their time in hospital by focussing on individual’s strengths and preferences to remain active and more confident.
Organisation supporting those diagnosed with Dementia
This role will suit you if you are…
• Passionate about supporting, enabling and empowering people with dementia and have a committed, flexible approach
• Good verbal communication and listening skills, especially face to face
• Comfortable in a hospital environment and enjoy being within a changing sea of service users.
• Happy to volunteer individually and remotely, yet understand you are part of a larger team
The impact you’ll make...
• Reduce Isolation: Enabling a person with dementia to take part in activities and providing social interaction whilst they are in hospital.
• Help people with dementia to keep doing the things they love by supporting with one to one activities such as card games, dominoes, jigsaws, arts and crafts.
• Keeping people with dementia active by creating opportunities for participation in leisure and social activities
• Providing one to one support to enable people with dementia to continue with their hobbies and interests or engage in new ones.
• Share your own skills, hobbies and interests to shape opportunities for people with dementia.
• Liaising with the Side by Side coordinator on a regular basis, including changes or concerns regarding the service user, as well as discussing your personal learning and development needs.
This role does not provide personal care, such as cleaning, washing or physical support.
|Expenses:||Agreed out of pocket expenses- Free volunteer parking on site|
|Induction:||2 hour induction|
|Training:||Multiple e-learning and face to face trainings|
Application form, Informal discussion, References, DBS Check