|Name:||Dementia Advocate Volunteer (Frome)|
|Location:||Swan Advocacy, HiPoint, Thomas Street, Taunton, Somerset, TA2 6HB|
Anything from a couple of hours a month, to a few days a week.
The Dementia Advocacy Service supports people with a concern about their memory, or a diagnosis of dementia, to complete a Living Well Plan – a record of their hopes and preferences for the future. It allows people the opportunity to reflect on their past, identify things that are important to them today; whilst expressing their hopes and wishes for the future.
Our Dementia Advocacy volunteers support clients to think through and complete their own Living Well Plan; encouraging and empowering them to make their voice heard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To support, empower and enable clients to express their individual needs, rights and choices through making a Living Well Plan.
• Ensure clients have access to information which is presented in an appropriate manner for their individual needs.
• To provide person centred advocacy appropriate to the needs and issues of each individual regarding their Living Well Plan.
• To continue to work alongside clients, to ensure their individual future plans and wishes are clearly represented and understood when they may be unable to express these themselves.
Swan Advocacy is a charity working throughout Wiltshire, South Gloucestershire, Somerset and BaNES, providing advocacy services to those in society who need help to speak up for themselves.
We are looking for people who have a willingness to listen and empower others to be heard. Some understanding of dementia would be ideal, but training is available.
Do you believe that everyone has an equal right to have their voice heard? If so, we want to hear from you.
• Training in advocacy awareness, dementia awareness and other relevant topics.
• The support of professional Advocates in your work on the project.
• Regular supervision and guidance.
• The possibility to progress to other roles within the organisation.
• Peer support and team engagement.
• The knowledge that you are doing something important.
|Other:||We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.|
Application form, References, Information Day, DBS Check, Interview